We are Kind.
We here at KIND exist to help make Morningside a greener and healthier place to live. Greener in both the physical and ideological sense. Within the heart of an urban, concrete jungle.
At the most basic level, KIND specialises in healthy, delicious food options, serving an outstanding mostly plant-based menu that caters to many different dietary needs and choices.
We follow the mantra by author Michael Pollan, “Eat food, not too much, mostly plants.”
At a higher level KIND seeks to fulfil much wider community and environmental goals.
KIND is a social enterprise established and run by the collective behind Crave, who are motivated and passionate about Morningside being greener, healthier and kinder to the environment.
We are working to encourage and resource our community in sustainable living practices.
Kind to Ourselves;
Kind to our Neighbourhood;
Kind to our Earth;
Our values serve as a compass for our actions and describe how we behave in the world.
- Neighbourhood: We treat everyone as Neighbours; Neighbours feel like they belong, that this is their local. You don’t have to live here to be a neighbour, you can work or hang here to qualify.
- Risk: Be daring in creating a more connected, greener, healthier Morningside.
- Collaboration: We want to see synergy arise as we work together to make the neighbourhood better.
- Integrity: Be real and authentic.
- Hospitality: It may sound obvious (being a hospitality business) but we want to be hospitable and foster hospitality in the neighbourhood.
- Quality: Great food, great drinks, great service, great community
- Creativity: We want to find and celebrate innovation and creativity on every level; individual, community and in our menu.